Absorb Plus is a delicious tasting, protein shake that supports immune function and helps your body develop connective tissue, mucous membranes, cartilage, bones, teeth and red blood cells.
Certified gluten-free (less than 20 ppm). No artificial ingredients or preservatives. Our Cold-extracted Whey Protein Isolate is casein-free, lactose-free, and not denatured by heat or chemicals.
Ingredients: Cassava Root (Tapioca) Maltodextrin, Cross-flow Membrane Cold-extracted Whey Protein Isolate (casein-free, lactose-free, not denatured by heat), Vitamin A (Vitamin A Acetate), Biotin, Vitamin C (Calcium ascorbate), Choline (Choline bitartrate), Chromium (Chromium (III) Citrate), Copper (Copper (II) citrate), Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid, Calcium D-pantothenate), Folic Acid (Folate, Folic acid [Orgen-FA®] Citrus limon - Fruit peel), Inositol, L-Alanine, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cysteine, L-Glutamic acid (Glutamic acid), L-Glutamine, Glycine (Aminoacetic acid), L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine,L-Tyrosine, Magnesium (Magnesium citrate), Manganese (Manganese (II) citrate), Vitamin B3 (Niacin, Niacinamide), Potassium (Potassium citrate),Iodine (Potassium iodide), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal hydrochloride), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin, Riboflavin 5’-phosphate), Molybdenum (Sodium molybdate (VI)), Selenium (Selenomethionine), Thiamine (Thiamine mononitrate), Calcium (Calcium phosphate, tribasic), Vanadium (Vanadium citrate), Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin), Vitamin D3 (Vitamin D, Cholecalciferol), Vitamin E (d-alpha Tocopheryl acetate), Vitamin K2, Zinc (Zinc gluconate), Phosphorus (Calcium phosphate, tribasic), Silicon (Silicon dioxide), Beta-Carotene (Beta-Carotene [Orgen-BT®] Bixa Orellana - seed) 93.75μg. See Ingredients Tab above for detailed ingredient list per flavour.
What are the benefits of Absorb Plus?
- Helps to maintain the body's ability to metabolize nutrients and help with energy metabolism
- An excellent source of protein which helps build and repair body tissues and build antibodies.
- A source of all essential amino acids (i.e. histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine) for the maintenance of good health.
- To maintain immune function, energy production and metabolism, and the absorption and use of calcium and phosphorus.
- To maintain proper muscle function (including heart muscle), liver function, normal acid-base metabolism and normal electrolyte balance.
There is currently NO product on the market that matches Absorb Plus in nutritional value or the extremely high quality of our ingredients.
Custom-blend of 10 additional targeted amino acids, for example:
• Over 1000 mg of L-Glutamine per serving to rebuild mucosal cell lining in intestines
• L-Serine for production of immunoglobulins and antibodies
• L-Threonine to aid formation of collagen and elastin
• L-Cysteine to aid wound healing
• L-Tyrosine to aid function of pituitary, adrenal and thyroid glands
• L-Aspartic Acid to protect the liver
• L-Proline to aid cartilage, strengthen joints, tendons and heart muscle
Our vitamin and mineral panel:
• Full panel of trace minerals – trace mineral deficiency is common in chronic illness.
• Also contains 10 mcg Vitamin K2 (as MK-7; first identified by Dr. Weston A. Price as “Activator X”) and 100 mcg of potassium citrate per serving.
• Contains full electrolyte panel.
Formulated to allow people to add their own amount of good fat – since everyone’s fat tolerance level varies. We suggest adding 1 tbsp. organic flax or Udo’s Choice oil.
How To Mix Absorb Plus:
Pour 1 cup (8 ounces) of cold water* into a shaker or blender, then add:
1 tsp. - 1 tbsp. organic flax, MCT, or Udo's Oil (as much as you can tolerate)
4 level scoops Absorb Plus
Shake vigorously, or whip on low speed for 10 seconds
Add ice (if you wish) and drink slowly.
*Use cold or room temperature water (spring or filtered recommended). Do not use hot water. You can use liquids other than water (raw milk, nut milk, rice milk, etc) but then the shake will no longer be elemental. Refrigerate any unused portion and discard after 4 hours.
Please Note: We strongly advise you purchase a few sample sizes of Absorb Plus, or just 1 tub, before buying the volume needed to do a full elemental diet. This will allow you to check for allergies or intolerance to any of the ingredients. Signs of intolerance or food allergy include: brain fog, grogginess, sore joints, headaches, nausea, gut pain, skin rash, blurred vision, asthma, chest pains, edema, elevated blood pressure, etc.
Absorb Plus was formulated by colon and bowel disorder expert Jini Patel Thompson to provide maximum nutrition to help build and strengthen your immune system and allow you to maintain or gain solid weight (muscle, not fat). Absorb Plus provides nutrients, supplements, protein (cold-extracted, lactose-free whey protein isolate) and carbohydrates (tapioca maltodextrin - from cassava root) in the most desirable forms and proportions, and in ratios that allow for optimum use and absorption. This liquid diet protein shake also includes an extensive array of therapeutic free-form amino acids (over 1000 mg L-Glutamine per serving!), with a superior vitamin and mineral profile (including trace minerals). Finally, Absorb Plus tastes so good, you can consume it up to 12 times a day if necessary!
There are approximately 10 servings per jar - sometimes a little bit more, sometimes a little bit less as Absorb Plus is packed by weight and there can be some settling during shipping and storage. Start with half a serving and build up gradually, allowing your body time to adjust.
For lots more detailed information about Absorb Plus Ingredients, FAQ's, etc. please visit: www.AbsorbPlus.ca
These statements have been provided by Health Canada as part of the official NPN approval for Absorb Plus.
Absorb Plus is an elemental shake product that I formulated to use for an elemental diet, or a half-elemental diet, or just to supplement your diet with highly nutritious, easily absorbed nutrients - for those who cannot digest or absorb the nutrients from whole foods.
What Is An Elemental Diet?
An elemental diet is also referred to as a bowel rest diet. An elemental diet is a liquid diet that contains all the basic nutrients your body needs. The nutrients are in pre-digested form so they require very little digestion and the nutrients are easily and quickly absorbed into the bloodstream. In this way an elemental diet supplies your nutritional needs whilst giving your digestive system a rest. It is effective for people with colitis, Crohn's, diverticulitis, severe IBS, AIDS, the elderly, and some forms of cancer.
The stool that results from an elemental diet is greatly reduced in volume and usually liquid, therefore, it also gives your colon a rest from passing normal stool and thus allows colonic wounds to heal faster.
I used an elemental diet to recover from a bout of hemorrhaging that left me weighing 99 lbs (I'm 5'7"). In six weeks I weighed 135 pounds and was working out at the gym 3 times a week (my complete story and instructions on the type of elemental diet I used are in my book The IBD Remission Diet.)
What Is A Half-Elemental Diet?
A half-elemental diet is used when someone's IBD is still active and they are having difficulty tolerating foods and eating or absorbing adequate nutrition. But for whatever reason, they cannot (or do not want to) do a full elemental diet. So, instead, they consume half their daily calories as elemental diet shakes and the other half is comprised of easily tolerated foods.
In a 2006 clinical trial, doctors assessed 26 patients with Crohn’s Disease, who used a combination of an elemental diet for half of their food intake (900 – 1200 calories per day) and then whatever they wished for the other half (”free diet”). The control group consisted of 25 patients with Crohn’s Disease who just consumed an unrestricted diet, whatever they wanted to eat (100% free diet).
Then, they measured the recurrence of relapse (symptom flare-up) over a two year period. The relapse rate in the half elemental diet group was significantly lower – only 34.6% – versus a relapse rate of 64% in the free diet group.
Important: All elemental diet shakes are VERY sticky on the teeth. So be sure to brush after each shake - pay particular attention to the gum line - to avoid tooth decay.
Transitioning Off Elemental Shakes
Please know that when your digestive system has healed to the point where you can absorb nutrition and you are no longer underweight, then it is likely time to transition off Absorb Plus and onto a whey or veggie protein shake, or easily tolerated foods.
Not only is this cheaper, but it's better for ongoing gut health to avoid simple carbohydrates (like tapioca maltodextrin) when you are able to use superfoods like chia seed and flax seed instead. I have sourced excellent ones for you here, so be sure to check them out when you are ready.
After healing myself of serious Crohn's disease, consulting with people with all types of colon and bowel conditions for over ten years, and answering thousands of questions on my online forum, I have become internationally recognized as an expert on natural remedies for gastrointestinal disease. Even if you have tried every Crohn's, colitis, or diverticulitis treatment available without success, don't give up hope; my natural remedies for bowel and colon disease have helped tens of thousands of people worldwide and my books are sold in over 40 countries.
- Caramel Toffee Twist: Tapioca maltodextrin, d-fructose, caramel flavour, sodium chloride, stevia leaf, flavour.
- Chocolate Royale: Tapioca maltodextrin, cocoa powder, d-fructose, chocolate flavour, cocoa butter, vanilla flavour, stevia leaf, sodium chloride.
- French Vanilla: Tapioca maltodextrin, d-fructose, custard flavour, vanilla flavour, sodium chloride, stevia leaf.
- Natural Berry: Tapioca maltodextrin, d-fructose, berry flavour, beet juice concentrate, stevia leaf, sodium chloride.
- SIMPLY Chocolate: Tapioca maltodextrin, cocoa powder, dextrose, chocolate flavour, cocoa butter, vanilla flavour, stevia leaf, sodium chloride, ammonium glycyrrhizinate.
- UNSWEETENED Chocolate: Tapioca maltodextrin, cocoa powder, chocolate flavour, cocoa butter, vanilla flavour, sodium chloride.
- UNSWEETENED Vanilla: Tapioca maltodextrin, custard flavour, vanilla flavour, sodium chloride.
I started absorb plus as an elemental diet for 21 days and loved the results. I now use regularly as a supplemented breakfast or when my gut gets upset. Couldn't live without it.
It's wonderful. Its very helpful if you have gut issues.