75% OFF - 1 unit available on sale, click here for details
Natren®'s Healthy Start System® takes probiotic supplements to the next level of effectiveness with a simplified system that is both easy to use and to understand. Healthy Start System® contains all three of the most potent super strains of beneficial bacteria: Lactobacillus acidophilus, NAS adhesion super strain, 2 billion cfu per serving; adult specific Bifidobacterium bifidum, Malyoth super strain, 2 billion cfu per serving; and Lactobacillus bulgaricus LB-51 champion transient super strain, 2 billion cfu per serving. This system ensures the microorganisms survive exposure to the stomach's gastric juices, offering maximum benefits to the small and large intestines. The Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Bifidobacterium bifidum is surrounded by their growth medium (culturing substrate) packaged as loose powders in a bottles.
Ingredients: Lactobacillus acidophilus, NAS adhesion super strain, 2 billion cfu per half teaspoon of the powder; adult specific Bifidobacterium bifidum, Malyoth super strain, 2 billion cfu per half teaspoon of the powder; and Lactobacillus bulgaricus LB-51 champion transient super strain, 2 billion cfu per half teaspoon of the powder. The Healthy Start System® Tripack Powder (Dairy) contains 3 bottles (1.25 oz of probiotic powder in each bottle).
Supplement Facts: Please see the secondary product image above.
Usage instructions: Healthy Start powders: The probiotic powders should be mixed together in approximately 6 to 8 oz. of room temperature, filtered (unchlorinated) water. The powders are formulated to be taken approximately 20 to 30 minutes before meals to enhance digestion, but may be taken at any time. If you are experiencing stomach upset, the probiotic mixture may be sipped throughout the day. Both capsules and powders should be taken at least 2 hours after consuming herbs (i.e., garlic and echinacea) and prescription drugs (antibiotics). Some herbs and all antibiotics will eliminate not only undesirable, but beneficial bacteria as well. Powders can be mixed in water (ideal), yoghurt, milk or diluted apple or pear juice.
- Nutritionally helps deter yeast overgrowth (candida).
- Aids in lactose metabolism and enhances digestion of milk products.
- May improve nutrient absorption.
- Helps normalize elimination problems.
- May block the attachment of bad bacteria in the urinary tract, including the vagina.
- Helps alleviate gas, bloating and upper gastrointestinal problems.
- Produces hydrogen peroxide H2O2 found necessary to inhibit vaginal yeast.
- Neutralizes the formation of toxins. Assists in cholesterol management.
- Protects the walls of the large intestine from colonization by invading bacteria or yeast. Inhibits bacteria which can alter nitrates into potentially harmful nitrites.
- Produces B vitamins.
- Assists in the support of healthy liver function. Helps to promote regularity.
- Encourages an acidic intestinal environment which strongly inhibits less desirable microorganisms. Contributes to the growth and viability of the beneficial resident microorganisms (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, etc.) by supporting their growth and activity.
- Helps the body digest complex carbohydrates and proteins. Helps to increase the bio-availability of minerals, especially calcium. This absorption is doubly important in lactose-intolerant individuals who may also experience a deficiency of dietary calcium.
- May also produce antimicrobial substances antagonistic to various bad bacteria.
Probiotics are one of the most important components for healing your IBS or IBD and then ensuring you stay healed! For full therapeutic benefits of probiotics, clinical trials show you need to consume 7 to 10 billion cfu per day (of EACH species). So check the bottle and be sure you’re consuming enough each day to see the desired results.
Capsules or Powders?
Take the probiotic powder if you’re experiencing diarrhea (or more than 3 bowel movements per day), heartburn, or upper gastrointestinal problems.
If your bowel movements are normal or constipated, you can take the probiotic capsules, if you prefer. The regular capsules (Megadophilus, Bifido Factor, Digesta-Lac) also contain the beneficial growth medium (or supernatent).
The Healthy Trinity capsules do not contain much supernatent, but contain much higher amounts of bacteria per dose. They are enteric-coated though, so they will not dissolve in the stomach and they are also dairy-free.
Natasha Trenev (founder of Natren) recommends probiotic layering as the most effective way to flood the GI tract with good bacteria: Take at least 1 tsp. of each powder, 3x/day plus, 1 Healthy Trinity capsule, once per day. For detailed information on probiotic layering, check out our in-depth Probiotics 1 Teleseminar with me interviewing Natasha Trenev and then answering 45 minutes of questions from participants.
If you're interested in doing Jini's Probiotic Retention Enema, instructions are in any of my digestive healing books.
Natren formulations are classified in the following way: You can get the powders and capsules in Dairy-based or Dairy-free formulas. If you’re just testing and don’t know which you need, then start with one of the Tripacks – the bottles are quite small. Once you know which formulation suits your system best, you may want to buy the largest size bottle of each – since it’s the best deal for your money.
I highly recommend you listen to our in-depth Probiotics 1 Teleseminar with Natren founder, Natasha Trenev. This will help you to get the best results from your probiotic dose and use.
How Much Should I Order?
The length of time a bottle of probiotics lasts depends on the dosage. For the powdered probiotics, there are 6 teaspoons in 1 ounce. Therefore, there are 27 teaspoons in the large 4.5 oz bottle. So, if you are taking the high dose of 3 teaspoons per day (12 billion cfu per day), the 4.5 oz bottle would last 9 days.
If you take the minimum therapeutic probiotic dose of 2 teaspoons per day (8 billion cfu), the 4.5 oz bottle would last 13 days.
If you take the maintenance dose of 1/2 teaspoon per day, the 4.5 oz bottle would last 54 days.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.